Online Business Opportunities in the Corona Pandemic Period : The coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic has had an impact on various sectors of life, including the world of work and the economy.
The unemployment rate also increased during the pandemic considering the number of companies that did layoffs. As of April 2021 alone, the Ministry of Manpower (Kemnaker) noted that there were 1.5 million workers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
About 10 percent of the 1.5 million workers were laid off and 90 percent were laid off. Meanwhile, data from the Industrial Chamber of Commerce (Kadin) shows a higher figure. As of May 2020, as many as 6 million workers in Indonesia have been laid off and laid off because many companies do not have normal cash flow.
The details: 2.1 million workers who were laid off from the textile industry sector, 1.4 million land transportation workers, 400 thousand workers in the mall sector, and the rest came from several sectors. On the other hand, the corona pandemic period also provides opportunities for a number of types of businesses.
Economic activities based on information technology or online are considered to play an important role during the pandemic and after. This opportunity is very open considering that everyone works, studies, and worships from home or known as work from home (WFH) in order to avoid corona virus infection.
For example, online health platforms are becoming increasingly popular as the public’s need for medical information and online consultation with doctors increases. Educational technology facilities are also needed during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, the e-commerce business is also a major need for the public in transacting during the pandemic, considering that online buying and selling is rampant to minimize physical contact.
This online buying and selling transaction also helped to increase business activity in the goods delivery service sector. There are still many other potential business sectors to work on during the pandemic. If you want to start a business during a pandemic, consider a money-making hobby.
You can take advantage of skills that have been rated positively by many, suggests Ross Kimbarovsky, CEO of Crowdspring, as reported by cnbc.com. In addition, create a strong brand identity, use social networks to capture new ideas and make offers, and commit to following through on the plans that have been drawn up.
Quoted from Forbes, here are a number of business opportunities that can be done at home and using online tools, and have the potential to make money during the pandemic.
1. Create Video Tutorial Content on Youtube Recently, many content creators have uploaded specific guide videos or courses on Youtube. This work is very possible during a pandemic. To make money, make sure to monetize your videos by charging subscriptions or password-protected content only to paying subscribers.
Monetization can also be done by placing advertisements facilitated by Youtube. Use phrases or keywords that people search for frequently by typing “how to [your topic]” in the content title.
2. Teach English online If you are proficient in English or another international language, use those skills to teach others. You can teach English via online to several students from different countries. Among the sites accessible for online teaching are GoOverseas.com and TeachAway.
Through the site, you can teach English online to students from China, for example. Meanwhile, through the iTutorGroup site, you can teach English online to children and adults, just like in Taiwan.
3. Selling Photos If you have photography skills, selling your work on a number of stock photo sites can be a business opportunity. Photographers can upload their work to one of a number of photo database sites, allowing magazine editors, designers, or any organization to purchase them. Some of these sites include Shutterstock, Photoshelter, and Getty Images.
4. Become a Translator and Interpreter If you master a variety of international languages, there are many opportunities for online translation (text) or interpreter (spoken interpreter) projects. One that can be used is the Welocalize site. The site is ranked at the top of the list of the 20 best companies providing online jobs in 2020.
5. Content and Web Development Business Web and content development services are very possible during this pandemic. You can offer web development services and content provision for extra money.
6. Internet Research and Surveys Filling out online surveys in your spare time can increase your income. If you intend to do so, the Qmee site service can be used. On the site, you can take Qmee surveys and share opinions about. brands certain. Other sites, such as SurveyBods, Survey Junkie and Valued Opinions, can also be used for similar purposes.
7. Become a Copywriter Copywriter jobs can be done in any country. Copywriting provides a very broad and promising opportunity. One of the advantages of being a freelance copywriter is that you get paid in US dollars. If you want to know tips on how to become a copywriter and get offers for services in this field, Express Writers is one site you can visit.
8. Create Podcasts You can create podcasts to make money online. Just have a microphone, laptop, and free recording software ready to create podcasts. You don’t need to make a podcast every day, just once a week with a not too long duration. You can use podcasts to attract commercial sponsors or advertise your own products.
9. Audiobook Narrator The popularity of audiobooks is currently increasing in various countries. The ease of accessing audiobooks through smartphones makes many people interested in this product.
The high demand for audiobook products also opens up opportunities for freelance work as a narrator, or an open content switcher from text to voice. One site that provides information on how to make money from being an audiobook narrator is bookriot.com.
10. Dropship Business Dropshipping business can be done, only with internet access capital. You can connect buyers with producers and earn money from transactions. Sales using the Dropship system can be done by means of social media or opening an online store on e-commerce sites. If you find a buyer, you can contact the manufacturer and those who will ship the goods. That is, this online buying and selling business can be done with limited capital.